Red Door Thrift Shop donated $60,870 to various needs in Anacortes, Skagit County, and the world in 2019.
The Red Door Thrift Shop concentrates its support in these areas:
- Sheltering the Homeless
- Anacortes Family Center
- Motel Voucher Program
- Family Promise of Skagit Valley
- Feeding the Hungry
- Chaplains on the Harbor
- Caring for the Elderly
- Fidalgo DanceWorks: Autism & Parkinson’s Programs
- Nurturing Families & Children
- Foundation for Academic Endeavors
- Anacortes Robotics Booster Club
- Days for Girls – Anacortes Chapter
- Underground Writing
- Epting Foundation for the Arts – Music Scholarships
- Boys and Girls Club of Anacortes
- Island Hospital Maternal & Infant Care Clinic
- Island Hospital Teen Clinic
- Anacortes Ready to Learn Fair
- Anacortes School District Homeless Students
- Anacortes Early Learning Synergy Project
- Welcoming Foreigners
- Neighbors in Faith
- Dunga Community Care Initiative
Thousands of dollars of in-kind donations have also been given to the Anacortes Family Center, The Salvation Army, the Anacortes Community Theater, the Garage of Blessings, and to individuals to assist in meeting their emergency needs throughout the year.
Christ Episcopal Church operates the Red Door Thrift Shop, where we’re assisted by volunteers from Anacortes, Skagit County, and the surrounding islands.
At the Red Door we:
- Provide quality used household goods and clothing at a great value
- Maintain a friendly and supportive place where you can shop and meet friends
- Support the local community financially and with in-kind donations
- Protect our environment through reuse and recycling
For a list of the agencies to which we donate, drop by the Red Door; the list is on the wall next to the cashier.