Frequently Asked Questions
Condition rating for items:
The Red Door Thrift Shop management and volunteers hand inspect every item to evaluate its condition, quality and functionality to ensure items are ready for secondhand use. Any items that do not meet our strict criteria are either passed on to other non-profit organizations or recycled. Below are our rating categories:
- New with Tags: brand new Items that have been donated with their original tags still attached
- New without Tags: brand new items that have been donated without their original tags attached, but have clearly never been used or worn
- Like New: secondhand items that have been donated in excellent condition with very little to no wear
- Gently Used: secondhand items in great shape that have minimal wear with no stains or defects
- As Is: secondhand items in good condition but with small holes, scratches or stains, these items are still in good useable condition
- Vintage: secondhand items that are at least 20 years old and reflect the style of a particular era of fashion
What is your return policy?
All of the items we sell are acquired through donations. Because everything is secondhand, all sales are final, except for electronics. All electronics are tested for functionality, however if you experience problems with the item, it may be returned for a store credit.
What are your shipping options?
At this time, we are offering local pickup for all orders.
Because each item we sell is unique, we want to ensure all shipping charges are as accurate as possible. Therefore, shipping is not included as part of the checkout process for our online store. If you would like your purchase shipped, please contact us at email@example.com. We will calculate the shipping cost and will invoice you after your order has been placed. We know this adds another step to the process, but this guarantees that our customers are billed fairly for shipping.
When will I receive my order?
All orders will be processed on the next business day after they’ve been placed. No orders will be processed on the weekend. Once the order is ready, one of our volunteers will contact you to schedule an appointment for pick up.
How do I contact The Red Door Thrift Shop?